UA CREW FREE TRIAL
Why: This is your opportunity to try crew out before you decide to join our awesome team — no obligation.
Who: All high school students, regardless of grade level or experience.
When: August 16-25, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM weekdays, including a Saturday morning row
Where: UA Crew Boatyard, Griggs Reservoir
Sign up for the Free Trial Here: http://www.regattacentral.com/clubs/?org_id=581 (You’ll need to click on ‘Teams/Groups’, then scroll to the UA Crew Free Trial to register.)
Parent Information Night: August 24, 2017 6:15 PM, UA Crew Boatyard
Be sure to bring water and wear close-fitting shorts, t-shirt, athletic shoes, and sunscreen.
WHY UA CREW???
- Teammates – We have over 100 motivated and ambitious student athletes who are successful on the water and in the classroom.
- You get super fit and healthy – Rowing is a full body sport that works 84% of your muscles, requiring both strength and aerobic conditioning.
- Travel – Our nationally ranked boys’ and girls’ teams travel throughout Ohio and across state lines to compete against some of the best teams in the nation.
- Pride – In our 25 years, we have earned 20 trips to the Head of the Charles, dozens of regional and national medals, and 22 college scholarships. 3 Olympic rowers are UA Crew alumni.
- The Race – We general race 60 foot long 8-boats and 45 foot long 4-boats 5000 meters in the fall, and 2000 meters in the spring. A 2000 meter race is physiologically equal to playing two back-to-back basketball games.
- No-Cut Sport – Everyone interested has the opportunity to develop skills and learn. Your teammates and coaches will encourage you to achieve your highest potential.